Invitation to a Business Seminar: How to do Business with the United Nations?
Procurement at UNOG is carried out by the Purchase and Transportation Section (PTS), Central Support Services, Division of Administration.
PTS provides purchasing, contracting, business travel and transportation services to the following United Nations offices:
- 5 seminars will be organized in 2018 at Palais des Nations ( February, April; June, September and November)
In addition PTS acts as the secretariat of the Common Procurement Activities Group (CPAG) for UNOG and specialized agencies of the United Nations system in Geneva.
- United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
- Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE)
- United Nations Compensation Commission (UNCC)
- Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) - Regional Office for Europe
- United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
- Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) (business travel and transportation only)
- United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund Secretariat (UNJSPF)
- United Nations Institute for Disarmament Research (UNIDR)
- United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
- Chief Executive Board for Coordination (CEB) Secretariat
- United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (ODA)
- Joint Inspection Unit (JIU)
- Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA)
- United Nations International Strategy for Disaster Reduction Secretariat (UNISDR)
The Common Procurement activities Group (CPAG) is leading efforts towards the Simplification and harmonization of procurement practices within the Geneva-based international organizations, with the objective of increasing efficiency and effectiveness of the United Nations procurement activities. The aim of the Group is to build more effective, coherent and better-performing business practices and to lower cost of commonly required goods and services for all its members due to volume purchase agreements.